We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 118 Posts
    When doing an advanced search of the forums, it would be nice to have the option of searching either...

1. the SUBJECT of the posts
    or
    2. the SUBJECT and BODY of the posts.

I’ve always found that being able to narrow my search to just the SUBJECTs of the posts gives me a lot more relevant search results.
      -Dorian
    • The built in SMF posts are typically not that productive. Use the Google search. After the next release, the SMF search will be going away on this site.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 255 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Oct 31, 2006, 10:54 PM

The built in SMF posts are typically not that productive. Use the Google search. After the next release, the SMF search will be going away on this site.

So will an alternative search be added on-server then? Because by using the Google search theres quite some threads/posts (especially recent ones) that wont be searchable, which is a pain in the ass as well wink
        • It depends on how well the built-in-search for SMF 1.1 RC3 or final works as to whether or not there will be an alternate option to the Google search. I’d say it’s 50/50.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me