We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 354 Posts
    Where can i place my own vote for a certain repository item? I can only see how many people voted and the average "score" but i can’t see a link somewhere even when i have logged into the forums.

Thanks in advance.
    • You have to be logged in to the forums in order to vote... and then you click the stars after drilling down one level into the actual item listing.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 354 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Sep 21, 2006, 01:56 PM

You have to be logged in to the forums in order to vote... and then you click the stars after drilling down one level into the actual item listing.

i am logged into the forum and i am viewing a repository item here: http://modxcms.com/Wayfinder-868.html

Still clicking on the stars doesn’t trigger anything. I am unsure what you mean about drilling down a level deeper. I think this is as far as i can get for a specific item no?
          • 1,097 Posts
          There is a way of pulling up the specific version page, but it’s not particularly easy. And it is not remotely obvious that clicking on the aggregated vote result will let you add a personal vote. I would like to see this amended - I believe a lot more people would vote if there was a second "Add your vote * * * * *" bit underneath the vote area.
            No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
            MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
            Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
            Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
            Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
            MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
          • Still clicking on the stars doesn’t trigger anything.
            I’ve noticed that there is a problem with the CSS that causes an issue with voting, refreshing the page and then voting works fine.

I’ve had a quick look but I can’t see anything at the moment that would cause the problem, especially as it happens only on the first page load. I’ll try and devote some time tomorrow to it and find the cause.
              Garry Nutting
              Senior Developer
              MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
              Twitter: @garryn
              Web: modx.com
              • 354 Posts
              I noticed the voting has been changed and right now it works but it has a bug. I can vote as much as I like to. I clicked multiple times on an item before the site is finished with loading and it added all of it to the vote counter. (i did 36 for ditto and 3 for wayfinder .. sorry but at least they were very positive votes smiley ).
                • 2,204 Posts
                i need to refresh (f5) to make voting work in IE
                  follow me on twitter: @dimmy01