We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hi everybody!

I am new here and quite impressed with MODx and the community around it! I’ve been testing with MODx for a while and now would suggest it to a first client as production system and here comes the question: does anybody have a powerpoint presentation (only a few sheets and the MODx CI) with some hard and soft facts about MODx? Or is at least a template available?

This would be very helpful in convincing the client.

Thanks for your support (if any comes smiley),

Henning
      Usually when things have come so far,
      people tend to disappear.

MODx Revolution Multi-Domain Installation Tutorial | MODxCMS Webentwicklung Frankfurt Rhein-Main
      • 7,075 Posts
      Quote from: hquadrat at May 09, 2006, 10:00 AM
      I am new here and quite impressed with MODx and the community around it!

Thanks for the kind words smiley !

Quote from: hquadrat
      I’ve been testing with MODx for a while and now would suggest it to a first client as production system and here comes the question: does anybody have a powerpoint presentation (only a few sheets and the MODx CI) with some hard and soft facts about MODx? Or is at least a template available?

I don’t have a powerpoint presentation handy, no... I had written a quick sheet about MODx for a client, and also an article, but it’s in french. I am in the process of translating the later (which rather aims webdesigners).

the key ideas when I sell MODx to clients is :

I develop 20% faster with MODx than any other CMS => makes me more competitive than my competitors

• because I benefit from content-reuse at every level (thanks to chunks) : html pages but also CSS which is unique
      • because I can do quick move from test to production server : path are dynamically set ( [(site_url)]) not only in templates but also in CSS (that is, if you use the CSS as document technique)

Let me show you how you can easily edit content from the frontend

• A quick demo of QuickEdit is often all it takes to convince a client
      • If it does not, do the full tour : show them how they can edit custom fields (aka Template Variables),
      • If it does not work out yet, show them how they can control additionnal parameter without even touching the manager

Let me tell you about how MODx is built

• Explain that MODx is a framework and why this allow for unknown flexibility to tailor the system to the client’s need
      • Explain how you are not bound by traditionnal content structure (thanks to TVs)
      • Show the power of MODx templating : Site Showcase is a great helper smiley
      • Explain how using a standards compliants / accessible web application can benefit your client and that MODx doesn’t require additionnal work to achieve that (a few CMS can pretend to it)

Let me tell you about the community

• Who are the founders, the core contributors and what their background is => eg smart people who know how today’s (and possibly tomorrow’s wink ) web works and put their time and effort where their mouth is (you wouldn’t believe how effective this argument is)
      • What kind of great modules, plugins and snippets exist and how vital the developpers community is
      • What kind of dynamics there is around MODx : release cycle, security, bug reports (here I emphasize the benefits of opensource development)
      • Have the client read testimonies, surf MODx websites, browse the forums : it sure will help the undecisive

This would be very helpful in convincing the client.

Will that be helpful tongue ?

Thanks for your support (if any comes smiley),

If there is something you can count on, is that support always does show here grin

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id