We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I have just landed into MODxcms. I do develope in some of the best well known blog&CMS systems such as Drupal, WordPress and Joomla and am always interested in any improvements within the apps I know or any new (to me) one.

I’ve read and surfed a bit the site (modxcms.com) and found it worth a try, so I headed to the ’download area’.

As for branding and marketing I believe ’first impressions’ (here: graphic dessign + usability) are basic. Couldn’t it be (better) a proper ’static’ download page, clear and clean, with a roll of old releases and acces to any beta new ones?

Just a suggestion and hopefully my first-not-last collab here.

Thanx for a reading,
    hip

I’m downloading MODxcms right now. I’ll give a try it later on. I hope I’ll take it.
      • 7,075 Posts
      Quote from: hip at Apr 22, 2006, 09:52 AM
      I have just landed into MODxcms. I do develope in some of the best well known blog&CMS systems such as Drupal, WordPress and Joomla and am always interested in any improvements within the apps I know or any new (to me) one.

Nice curriculum smiley
      Glad to have someone like you look into MODx, especially since you’re the kind of people MODx primarily aims for laugh

Plus, coming from other apps, you’ll certainly have valuable input of how MODx differs from those, which can tell us where we’re good and where we need to improve smiley

Welcome !

Quote from: hip
      I’ve read and surfed a bit the site (modxcms.com) and found it worth a try, so I headed to the ’download area’.
      As for branding and marketing I believe ’first impressions’ (here: graphic dessign + usability) are basic.

Not sure what you mean there... do you mean modxcms.com gives you the impression it’s basic huh or that the first impression you get from a website is the basics : e.g where do I find the most important information ?

I guess the later...

Couldn’t it be (better) a proper ’static’ download page, clear and clean, with a roll of old releases and acces to any beta new ones? Just a suggestion and hopefully my first-not-last collab here.

Yeah well, very good point.

We are currently working on a full-fledged file repository for MODx and its modules/plugins/snippets... it will happen soon, but it’s true that the focus so far has been developping the application more than community sugar coating. We’re getting there, though, the current modxcms.com and forum design (hats off Zi !) you see was a first step (before that, we used the Green Marinée template, not very distinctive identity).

Now that we have a fairly mature build (talking of the next release here), we can take upon ourselves to spend more time working on the community tools. Many things are in preparation, you’ll see smiley

Thanx for a reading, hip

Feel free to share ideas !
      You’ll see that this is a very open community grin

I’m downloading MODxcms right now. I’ll give a try it later on. I hope I’ll take it.

I am fairly confident that if you spent an hour on it, you won’t let it go... I’ve been there last november when I just fell in love with MODx !
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 7,075 Posts
        Hip, what’s your take on MODx ?

Did you test it and what did you make of it ?

MODx est l'outil id
          • 28 Posts
          Quote from: davidm at Apr 28, 2006, 06:52 AM

Hip, what’s your take on MODx ?
          Did you test it and what did you make of it ?

Hey David,

I could have posted this in the Packt Forum but it seemed more appropriate to post it here. It’s my quote from Packt nomination, maybe you could derive some marketing lingo from it.

"I recently completed a 3 month review of some of the most widely used open source CMS apps, but also reviewed those less publicized. In the end, when it came time to decide on the most flexible and "progressive" product that would provide: web standards compliance; an active user base; a user-scalable framework; a future-oriented adaptability; and an accessible development team; I chose MODx. I should also mention that as an applications consultant, I’ve been evaluating and comparing GUI’s, frameworks and end-user application benefits for over 12 years in many different fields."
            • 7,075 Posts
            Thanks a lot eagleshout, that’s a pretty nice quote grin

I keep this bookmarked, as I do all testimonies in favor of MODx (it’s quite interresting to group them all, sure speaks a lot about the project !).

MODx est l'outil id