We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    I haven’t yet made a donation, but I will....promise grin

However, I’ll make this suggestion.

On another BBS I subscribe to, they have the option of becoming a paid subscriber. You can sign up for 1yr, 3 yr, life. Now their "default" / open to the public BBS, has Ad’s for the passer-by. When you subscribe, the Ad’s are removed via a script, when you login. Additionally, your profile on the left of a post will include a footer saying something like "Life Subscriber"...Basically indicating that you donated to the cause.

Now I am not advocating that you start running Ad’s on the site. However, it might be a nice touch when someone does donate, that he or she has the option of including a footer.

just a thought

Checkout http://www.windowsbbs.com/
    to see what I am refering to, search for user id "24jedi"

Regards,

Don
      I am but a dwarf in a land of giants... with propellars, calculators, bluetooth and beepers smiley
    • That’s a great suggestion and I appreciate your pledge. We’ll definitely take it into account as we look to make our project self-supporting!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me