We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello
    I need advise of experienced people with hosting
    For a site similar to myspace.com
    Registered 30,000 profiles and for example 3,000 users logging in at same time in 1 hour.
    Does a VPS 1 gb ram can handle it or i will have to use dedicated server from http://host1plus.com ?
    Thanks in advance
    • I would suspect you’ll need at least a dedicated server, and a very smart architecture for your application. Only testing will be able to tell actual infrastructure requirements.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1 Posts
        Still I think you can go ahead with the VPS Hosting, all you have to do is to choose a better provider who offers you the cheap VPS hosting along with lower price, I have 2 or 3 hosts in mind, but I recommend this VPS hosting provider, who offers 1GB RAM, 20 GB hard disk and so many features at $7.95 per month. The provider is hostdepartment.com, a top web hosting company. Now choose yourself.
          • 265 Posts
          I would go with what Ryan says.
          There is no way you could run this on a VPS with only 1GB of RAM, unless you would want to be crash-investigating every hour.

I see this is a topic of 2,5 years old now. Sorry. [ed. note: thapriest86 last edited this post 11 years, 4 months ago.]