We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • MODX Evolution 1.0.5 is nearing release, culminating the work of more than 20 direct code contributors. Please help us run through the final QA to identify any blockers. We anticipate this will be the only RC with a final production release out in January.

Some highlights of this release include:

• Security Enhancements—ongoing work to make sure your sites are safe from malicious attackers, including a workaround for a major PHP security bug that could crash servers running outdated versions of PHP
    • Manager Bugfixes and Enhancements—Over 20 improvments to the Manager to make it behave more consistently and predictably
    • Custom TVs and Widgets—Site builders can now define the HTML markup and behavior of TVs for truly custom TV behavior by inserting code directly into Input or Output widgets or using the @FILE binding to attach behaviors via files on the fielsystem
    • Template Inheritance Improvements—controllable via a System Setting, now you can specific Template inheritance for child docs based on Siblings (with a fallback to parent), Parents (current behavior) or just the System Default.
    • @INHERIT Improvements—Now works fully with @FILE bindings and also allows you to specify a default fallback in the event no ancestor values are found

• Multibyte Language Enhancements—the Japanese community provided many enhancments to the core to improve experiences in multi-byte languages
    • All Major Core Components Updated—All major Add-ons brought up to their latest version, including jQuery 1.4.4

Download Evo 1.0.5-rc1

Discuss the pending Evo 1.0.5 release

File a bug on Evo 1.0.5-rc1 (note when filing bugs please indicate 1.0.5-rc1 in the description of the issue)

We look forward to releasing Evo 1.0.5 and towards the next major development push in 1.1.

Sincerely,
    The MODX Team
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me