We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    More on this please click here

:roll: :roll:

Regards,

zi
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
    • I'm not real sure about what exactly it does, but Apple has something similar already. When I get an application "unexpectedly terminated", I'll get a message pop up asking if I want to send the crash data to Apple.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 3,975 Posts
        The tool will build on the existing Watson error-reporting tool in Windows but will provide Microsoft with much deeper information, including what programs were running at the time of the error and even the contents of documents that were being created. Businesses will also choose whether they want their own technology managers to receive such data when an employee's machine crashes.
        But they said that they will take the document data too,

Suppose if your program crashes while you are typing very confidential report of your company then the "Black Box" will send send crash info as well as your document contents ....

So who wants its privacy be revealed, or on the leakout of that information, you are also in danger of being Fired...

Any way let's see what will happen when it comes to market smiley

Regards,

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 577 Posts
          Technology can be good and bad.

I think that this is a great idea but privacy is also an important issue.

Yes, Apple does have a similar function however I'm not sure what is being sent -- possibly just the error code. If it were more than this the nix hackers for OSX would have already blown the whistle.

Interesting thought is yes this information may lead to many getting fired but why in the first place were they doing something that would put their job in jeapordy .... I do think that extra-curriclur activites do tend to increase job performance in some situations ... tough call though when well thought out.

Now, let's put this into a deeper thought. This data will be saved to hard drive -- when said computer is sold the thought of completely scrapping the drive is going to become the only option available.

:wink: nuke-em drives are us :wink:
          Where hard drives meet the source and become one once again. In other words, industrial strength hard drive shredding service.

ugh :?
            Tangent-Warrior smiley
            • 302 Posts
            For consumers, the choice of whether to send the data, and how much information to share, will be up to the individual. Though the details are being finalized, Windows lead product manager Greg Sullivan said users will be prompted with a message indicating the information to be sent and giving them an option to alter it, such as removing the contents of the e-mail they were writing when the machine crashed. Also, such reporting will also be anonymous.
            That's somewhat comforting... except it's still coming from Micro$oft. laugh
              Standard Disclaimer
              I could be totally wrong.