We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 132 Posts
    Maybe I am being a bit naive, maybe this has been done before and failed, but how about as a supplement to local face to face meetups we also get together a structured virtual UG if you will that would allow so many more to participate, learn , share, etc.

I have a lot of ideas spinning already but thought it would be best to throw this out to everyone before getting into details.
      "One of these days I will get around to my own website... Its only been about 12 years... maybe tomorrow smiley"
    • This is something we are considering is web based meetups. The right tools will be necessary but we think we can pull it off pretty soon. Thanks for posting it. Feel free to share any more ideas on this.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 132 Posts
        Sounds great, and yes you are correct on the right tools in place. In my minds eye I see the ability (over time at least) to be able to offer many of the things we all enjoy going in a UG conference for without the pizza undecided

My hope would that it could be more then a webinar. Those are great, needed and have their place but for this I see something more personal and interactive.

Keep up the great work
          "One of these days I will get around to my own website... Its only been about 12 years... maybe tomorrow smiley"
        • I would like to keep it a more social and open discussion type even. A virtual BarCamp where there could be presenters and open discussions etc. Definitely not a webinar type event.
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub