We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 607 Posts
    I know there’s at least one other MODx’er in New Zealand (hope you see this Al), and I would be happy to work with others to set up a user group and meetups. If there’s enough of us we can split it up between the north and south islands, and eventually break it down to smaller segments smiley

I’m in Auckland, so give a shout if you’re MODx’ing anywhere in the land of the long white cloud and let’s plan something smiley
      • 104 Posts
      Hi,
      I’m using Mod-X, and i’m from Auckland, but most of the time I work from Antofagasta, Chile. If you do form a group I’m interested in maybe meeting up when I’m home a couple of times year. I work with clients in NZ.

Do you have any hosting recommendations for New Zealand? I have a couple of Revo sites on Openhost, but they seem to be quite slow. Wondering if you have any recommendations.

- Rachel
        • 607 Posts
        einsteinsboi Reply #3, 13 years ago
        Hi Rachel, I think I responded to your hosting q on twitter. I’m still researching NZ hosting companies, haven’t needed one yet since most of my clients host in the US and UK and a couple in Australia. But I’m definitely doing some research.

I’m definitely keen to set something up in Auckland if people are interested. So far I know of one MODx’er but he’s in Tauranga, and we chat occasionally, and one in Christchurch, all far from Auckland but there’s potential there. I think NZ is small enough that we can still work something for meetups. Keep in touch and let me know when you’re in Auks.

Quote from: rachelmarama at Apr 01, 2011, 10:21 PM

Hi,
        I’m using Mod-X, and i’m from Auckland, but most of the time I work from Antofagasta, Chile. If you do form a group I’m interested in maybe meeting up when I’m home a couple of times year. I work with clients in NZ.

Do you have any hosting recommendations for New Zealand? I have a couple of Revo sites on Openhost, but they seem to be quite slow. Wondering if you have any recommendations.

- Rachel
          • 104 Posts
          rachelmarama1 Reply #4, 13 years ago
          Yep, you answered me on Twitter smiley

I’m hoping for a couple of months in NZ at the end of the year which will be split between Auckland and Taupo. Meantime, today is one of those days that working alone is not ideal. I’m stuck and I don’t know php. Ah well, this is how I learn, I guess.

I have one Evo site on Clever Internet, but they didn’t have the right version of php for Revo (from memory). I now have 3 sites with OpenHost. They all seem a little slow, but it’s hard to tell since I am testing from Chile.
            • 607 Posts
            einsteinsboi Reply #5, 13 years ago
            If you PM me the links I can test performance for you from here in NZ and let you know.

Quote from: rachelmarama at Apr 08, 2011, 05:11 PM

Yep, you answered me on Twitter smiley

I’m hoping for a couple of months in NZ at the end of the year which will be split between Auckland and Taupo. Meantime, today is one of those days that working alone is not ideal. I’m stuck and I don’t know php. Ah well, this is how I learn, I guess.

I have one Evo site on Clever Internet, but they didn’t have the right version of php for Revo (from memory). I now have 3 sites with OpenHost. They all seem a little slow, but it’s hard to tell since I am testing from Chile.
              • 25 Posts
              Just recently arrived in Auckland laugh

Can wait to get started on my first Modx project here!
                • 607 Posts
                Welcome to Auckland!! Have you relocated here or just visiting? It's a lovely city and I think you'll like it here. Where were you before?

Quote from: nellyshark at Feb 01, 2013, 03:28 AM
                Just recently arrived in Auckland laugh

Can wait to get started on my first Modx project here!