We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 110 Posts
    Was wondering if anyone would be interested in either a west coast or east coast south Florida meetup.
      Sal Sodano
      President & Co-Founder of SkyToaster
      My Website Salscode.
    • Count me in I’m in Tampa, theres an event going on soon maybe we can talk about MODx at its called BlogCamp I personally know the coordinator so let me know if you would like a spot to talk about MODx smiley

http://www.meetup.com/BarCampTampaBay/events/16299544/
        Benjamin Marte
        Interactive Media Developer
        Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
      • kevin.marvin Reply #3, 13 years ago
        If y’all setup one in Florida, my family lives there, and I would happily come join you.
          Kevin Marvin :: MODX, LLC
        • Guys I’m in the process of creating the website for Tampa Bays Ignite event which is going to be created in MODx Revo smiley if anyone wants to speak about MODx at this event please let me know, this would be a great opportunity for someone that knows more than me about MODx to spread the word about the benefits of using MODx to a pretty large audience.

If I knew more about MODx I would do it myself but being a front end developer and not knowing the ins and out of MODx limits my speaking capabilities if the audience has any backend technical questions.

Again if anyone is interested shoot me an email or contact me via twitter, check my signature.

Thanks.
            Benjamin Marte
          • What date are you thinking to hold this on? I can likely come and help.
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • Patrick,

The event is July 28 it’s called Ignite Tampa I made the website which is running on MODx btw smiley so if your interested in being a speaker and talk about MODx that would be awesome.

As part of the organizing team I can’t participate but I’d love if you or any MODx users in FL would like to talk about MODx so we can get people interested in our favorite CMS.

You can submit your talk via the website: http://ignitetampa.org/

I look forward to hearing from you, hopefully you can attend smiley
                Benjamin Marte
              • Would love to make to to FL. I’ll see if I can make it down for the inaugural FL meeting, and drag Kevin along with me in the process.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • Ryan, that would be fantastic if you guys could come and attend the ignite event to preach about MODx (I will be the guy screaming like a little girl at a NSYC concert on the sidelines LOL).

But before you do just check the website so you can see the rules and the format of the presentation (its basically 5 minutes on stage) let me know if this is something you guys would consider so I can book you a spot for sure since we are only having about 10 or 15 talks but I can definitely get you something for sure.

We could also plan to do an Official MODx meetup probably the evening after and start gathering people via facebook and twitter from the area not to mention if you present we can also let them know we will have a meetup the night after to talk more in depth about MODx.

Sorry if I’m not making too much sense I’m just too excited at the moment LOL.
                    Benjamin Marte
                    • 110 Posts
                    If that happens, I’m in, sounds exciting.
                      Sal Sodano
                      President & Co-Founder of SkyToaster
                      My Website Salscode.
                    • I’m sold! Two days of talking about websites and MODX! It would be cool if we could extend the event some and have more MODX time, but then again that’s just me trying to relive MODxpo fun... tongue
                        Patrick | Server Wrangler
                        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting