We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    Recently I’ve had some problems with attacks on my website, my hosting company said I should change the passwords and I did, but now modx can’t open the db. Is it possible to change the password inside modx or do I have to reinstall it?

ThanX!
      • 460 Posts
      If you haven’t already done so, you need to change it in the config file (ie via ftp):
      /manager/includes/config.inc.php on line 8
        Mostly harmless.
        • 30 Posts
        Thanx! Did not know that... ( newbie )

Could you also tell me where I can change the admin password?
          • 30 Posts
          Got it! I must be blind... tongue
            • 2 Posts
            I updated my database password as instructed above. and it broke the frontside and backside of the site :-( Turns out there may be a cached version of the same file on the server. To update this FTP in to the site and go to the /core/cache/config folder and updated the same file (config.inc.php). Once I updated that order was restored in the universe.
              • 2 Posts
              Quote from: hotdiggity at May 10, 2010, 03:06 AM
              If you haven't already done so, you need to change it in the config file (ie via ftp):
              /manager/includes/config.inc.php on line 8

OR

/core/config/prefix.inc.php on line 8
                • 3 Posts
                if you haven't changed the password login with your credentials and change it from there.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.