We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    I’ve been using the [!HyperFlexSearchForm!] snippet to add search functionality to my site. It’s great, however...

Each page of my site has a call to a snippet A that pulls information out of an external database. I want to be able for users to search the site *after* snippet A has been rendered, so they can search for information provided by this snippet. I’ve cached the output of the snippet, but HyperFlexSearchForm doesn’t find it. I guess I need a search snippet that crawls through pages after they have been rendered. Any ideas?

• 160 Posts
      I’ve been using sphider (http://cs.ioc.ee/~ando/sphider/) on other custom PHP projects. It would require you some time to integrate it into MODx and you need some knowledge of PHP, but it’s very powerful and configurable. It uses a spider to index your pages, so it will see all the content just like someone visiting your Web site.

I’ve been thinking of transforming this into a MODx plugin/snippet combo, but I have yet to find time. Maybe you’ll have more time than me! tongue
        Olivier Deland
        Montreal, Canada - Web Developer
        • 19 Posts
        Thanks, I’ll give Sphider a looksie.