We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Just thought my experience could be usefull for others.

I just downloaded MODx 0.9.5. Installed it with all features + demo site. The backend worked great. I was really beginning to love it. But when I tried to load the actual site nothing happend. The server load went up to 100% and that was all. After some debugging attemts I found out, that the evaluation of the variable $p[’TemplateSwitcher’] in SiteCache.idx.php was responsible for the problem. This seems to be a plugin or so. My system hangs dead (both, apache and MySQL) if I run it "as is". The probelm can be solved by adding a line break before the ending quote (that is before ->’;<- at the the very end of the variable code). This might be just a php bug. I use the following server (for testing purposes):

WinXP PRO SP2
    Apache 2.0
    PHP 5.1.1

The problem occured only on this server. Never tested on any other machine.

Now, SiteCache.idx is restored to its original state after each change in the site settings in the backend. So just inserting a line break didn’t entirely solve the problem. Howerver not installing TemplateSwitcher did so.

Hope somebody finds this usefull. Oh, and sorry if this was the wrong forum to post in.