We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    I would like to put online tutorial to my site, which consists of few HTML files + subdirectory for each file with related images.
    I was wondering where I should upload these files to and decided to save them in:
    ./assets/site/tutorials/...

As a result of my creativity I got dead website and scary message:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    Line: 85
    Line 85 source: if (!$this->conn = ($persist ? mysql_pconnect($host, $uid, $pwd) : mysql_connect($host, $uid, $pwd))) {

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0000 s s (0 Requests)
    PHP: 0.0244 s s
    Total: 0.0244 s s

After I deleted the uploaded files and refreshed browser a few times - things went back to normal.
    So my question is - if I want to include a set of files in my website - where I should put them and what’s a procedure to follow?

Gleb
      • 58 Posts
      Anyone?

How do you guys add content that is initially localed in the set of external HTML page on your computer?
      Upload and link? Copy and Paste?

I’d rather upload and link, but ModX apparently didn’t like it! :-(

Gleb

• Are you on a shared server? How did you reference the files you’re uploading? MODx doesn’t do any checking on the filesystem for things added to the assets folder, so this should not cause any issues.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 58 Posts
          Yes, Im on shared plan.
          I haven’t reference them yet - I just uploaded files into the above dir - and my whole site blew up. I had to erase everything to get things back. Apparently some code was not happy with new files in that specific tree.
          It’s really confusing.

Gleb
          • My suspicion is that the shared server was simply overloaded at the time and starved of resources for MySQL.

MODx doesn’t do any checks on the filesystem outside of needing write access to the cache folder and a few other things in the assets directory.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 58 Posts
              Ok, it seems to work now - so you probably were right.

Thanks,

Gleb