We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: gesman at Nov 16, 2006, 02:16 AM

Presence of QuickEdit adds so much stuff to every little poor HTML page - so it was prudent to disable it.
    Sorry, I don’t want to offend it’s author - it’s a great pieace of work, I just want to please Google bot and save some bandwidth along the way too.
    ModX probably has the skinniest HTML footprint produced compare to all other CMS, especially considering it’s flexibility and power - so it’s just amazing.

Gleb
    Just FYI, Google or any other bot would never see QuickEdit or all it’s extra stuff; it only loads if you are logged into a manager session.
    • Quote from: gesman at Nov 16, 2006, 02:07 AM

Ram, thanks, you’re the man!
      It works.
      Are there any cases where this ’MODX_MEDIA_PATH’ thingy actually needed?

I don’t want to screw anything by blindly eliminating it.
      I think it’s used by some of the TV display widgets, but I’m not sure which ones...
        • 73 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Nov 16, 2006, 03:57 AM

Just FYI, Google or any other bot would never see QuickEdit or all it’s extra stuff; it only loads if you are logged into a manager session.

Well, there is a case in which QuickEdit adds extra stuff (<quickedit:content />) to the cached versions of documents, versions that will be served to any user or bot. http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/635
          • 1,097 Posts
          That’s a tiny piece of extra stuff rather than lots of extra stuff, and is avoidable if you use [*content*] instead of [*#content*] in your template. Yes, that means you have to edit content via the QuickEdit menu rather than that annoying button thing. No big deal. (Bug comment posted to reflect this information).

I would therefore recommend to anyone that wants to obfuscate the MODx-ness of their site that they avoid using #s in their template.
            No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
            MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
            Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
            Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
            Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
            MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
            • 73 Posts
            Great suggestion smiley

In my case, after I got a problem because of my host having register globals on, I decided to replace the "Powered by MODx" text credit with an image with a weblink. As the weblink’s url is internal, is one step harder to know what my site is running.