We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Having lots of fun trying to get dropmenu to do what I want...

I have one menu showing the top level pages.
    What I now need is second menu, showing the next level only, based upon the current page selected(page ID?). Any ideas how to do this?
    Also, how do I remove the bullets on the left side of the menu?

imw@spacebuild.net
    • Everything you mentioned can all be handled via CSS. For example, to remove the bullets:

#topnav ul {
      list-style: none;
      }
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 7,075 Posts
        ... and there are quite a few nice articles about CSS menus, two of them are great classics :

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/menus/demo.html
        http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/

you can even find online CSS generators tongue
        http://www.csscreator.com/menu/multimenu.php

Hope it helps !

But you’re right, DropMenu is a fun snippet with lots of possibilities, and an extended tutorial will be welcome smiley
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 44 Posts
          Hi,

No one answered the other questions:

I have one menu showing the top level pages.
          What I now need is second menu, showing the next level only, based upon the current page selected(page ID?). Any ideas how to do this?

I am after somthing to this effect, mainly because i dont really want page specific templates just for a sub menu. And although the CSS Method i found on the forum is fine, i dont really want to include the whole menu, just the page specific one, as then the page will be slightly smaller, i say this as out sitemap has about 6 top level pages with about 40 child pages on each top level.

Here is what i am currenty using where the start Doc ID is the page i want sub links to work from, can this be dynamic just to be whatever the current page ID is (im sure i have seen somthing similar before). Also i admit this has no fancy coding, but i found modX on friday and have been playing with converting a whole site over in one go.

[[DropMenu? &startDoc=`2` &levelLimit=`1` &selfAsLink=true]]

Thanks alot in advance

• 4,213 Posts
            use [*id*] as the startDoc parameter in the submenu call to list the pages that are under the current page. But if you need to list the submenu according to the topmenu selection, you may want to use UltimateParent snippet as the value instead. Also you could use wayfinder and add hideSubmenus parameter to the mix to make the submenu only list the active tree.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 44 Posts
              Doze,

Thanks for that quick reply, Excelent suggestion solved the problem straight away.

I would like to add so far modX has exceeded my expectations, and i am most impressed with how the system works, and the limitless possiblilties (reminds me of mechano, the only limit is your imagination). But it matches up to some of the commercial products such as My Source Matrix.

Please pass my thanks to the whole team, and thanks again for the quick reply.