We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi,

Does anyone know what I can do as I forget the admin password to login to manager page. When I tried to sign in again, I was prompted "due to too many failed logins, you have been blocked." How long will it be unlocked and is there away I can reset it from Database level?

I have tried forget your password option but I still haven’t receive any email sent about my admin password.

Thanks and regards,
    Wayne.
      • 607 Posts
      Quote from: wayne.yellow at Jan 11, 2010, 07:35 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know what I can do as I forget the admin password to login to manager page. When I tried to sign in again, I was prompted "due to too many failed logins, you have been blocked." How long will it be unlocked and is there away I can reset it from Database level?

I have tried forget your password option but I still haven’t receive any email sent about my admin password.

Thanks and regards,
      Wayne.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,275.0.html

:)
        • 24 Posts
        Hi einsteinsboi,

Thank you for you help. For the actual site, I managed to set the blockeduntil to zero from phpMyAdmin and select the forget password option to send myself a password reset link - problem fixed.

As for the local host, after resetting blockeduntil to zero and tried to send myself a password reset link but never receive any email about reset password link so I updated the password field in modx_manager_users table:

UPDATE modx_manager_users
        SET password=md5(’mynewpassword’)
        WHERE id=1

Both problems fixed now smiley

Thanks and regards,
        Wayne.