We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 108 Posts
    In Shaun’s video here: http://vimeo.com/8335791

at t-5:20 he mentions how you can rename the /core directory, but does not give details on what is required to accomplish this.

Can some kind soul point me to where I might find this info?
      Radified, VPS guide, Revo 206 Traditional, PHP 534, suPHP, MySQL 5151, Apache 2217, CentOS 5.5 on Virtuozzo VPS.
      • 330 Posts
      This can be easily done at install, I’m sure it can be done after by changing some configs but not sure how, sorry.
        • 330 Posts
        I think your starting point would be the file core/config/config.inc.php
        if (!defined('MODX_MANAGER_PATH')) {
            $modx_manager_path= '/home/peter/workspace/hcs/manager/';
            $modx_manager_url= '/manager/';
            define('MODX_MANAGER_PATH', $modx_manager_path);
            define('MODX_MANAGER_URL', $modx_manager_url);

change to something like
        if (!defined('MODX_MANAGER_PATH')) {
            $modx_manager_path= '/home/peter/workspace/hcs/newmanager/';
            $modx_manager_url= '/newmanager/';
            define('MODX_MANAGER_PATH', $modx_manager_path);
            define('MODX_MANAGER_URL', $modx_manager_url);

and then rename the actual directory newmanager. There might be more to it than that but would suggest this is going to be a key part.
          • 24,544 Posts
          After installation, you need to edit the MODX_CORE_PATH in all the config.core.php files:

config.core.php
          /manager/config.core.php
          /connectors/config.core.php
          /setup/config.core.php (may not be necessary)

peteedley’s advice would be for renaming/moving the *manager* directory, which is also possible.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 108 Posts
            Thank-you.

The /manager directory can be moved/config’ed/modified from the ’Contexts installation’ page during set-up (provided you’ve renamed the /manager directory ahead of time.

I was wondering why they didn’t include the option for /core there, too, but now see that /core is where the config’s are controlled from for the other directories. So you would have to do it after installation (which is no biggie).

I don’t think /setup would be req’d, cuz that gets deleted after installation.

I think just the files in /manager & /connectors.

Can somebody confirm?
              Radified, VPS guide, Revo 206 Traditional, PHP 534, suPHP, MySQL 5151, Apache 2217, CentOS 5.5 on Virtuozzo VPS.
              • 330 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Jan 03, 2010, 10:40 PM

After installation, you need to edit the MODX_CORE_PATH in all the config.core.php files:

config.core.php
              /manager/config.core.php
              /connectors/config.core.php
              /setup/config.core.php (may not be necessary)

peteedley’s advice would be for renaming/moving the *manager* directory, which is also possible.

Sorry yes miss read the first post oppps
                • 4,149 Posts
                Quote from: peteedley at Jan 03, 2010, 10:34 PM

I think your starting point would be the file core/config/config.inc.php
                and then rename the actual directory newmanager. There might be more to it than that but would suggest this is going to be a key part.

Don’t do this; it wont actually work after an upgrade. You should never touch the config.inc.php file, as setup/ will do that for you.

Follow the steps below that BobRay posted - then run an upgrade (run setup/).
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • 108 Posts
                  If you move/rename /core, are there any file/install-gymnastics required during subsequent upgrades?
                  • Quote from: xeeter at Jan 05, 2010, 01:33 AM

If you move/rename /core, are there any file/install-gymnastics required during subsequent upgrades?
                    No, there shouldn’t be; you just need to edit setup/includes/config.core.php in each new version and set the path for MODX_CORE_PATH before running upgrade.