We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 107 Posts
    I would like my client (when creating text with TinyMCE) to be able to do as little text formatting as possible as it’s all handled by my own css file. Otherwise, the site will look dreadfull in a short space of time as they’re a bit format-happy :O)

I would however like to have a very select number of styles that they can select from a drop down menu in TinyMCE such as

’important’ (styled red)

’reference (styled light grey and smaller)

I can style that in CSS and think I *should* be looking at the options in

Tools>Configuration>Interface & Features Tab > Path to CSS file field.

However, nothing I do can get my own styles to show as an option in the RTE.

Would anyone have any experience of this?
    Many thanks.
    S
      • 7 Posts
      I’m no expert, and I’m using Revo - but I solved the problem by creating a separate CSS file just for the RTE styles, setting the path to that file and (in Revo at least)there is a "CSS Selectors for Editor" property for your RTE where you put a comma separated list of styles that match the styles in the RTE CSS file you just created. Again, I have no clue whether Evo gives access to this particular property or not. The key for this property is editor_selectors_css if that helps you in Evo.
        • 107 Posts
        Hi Snoop.
        Thanks for getting back to me. I’m using Evo but will give it a go.
          • 87 Posts
          Not sure if you ever figured this out, but you have to explicitly tell TinyMCE what selectors you’re wanting your client to see. Do this by going to:

Tools -> Configuration -> Interface & Features....

At the bottom, you’ll see "CSS Selectors" with instructions on how to add them to TinyMCE - as long as it can see the CSS file where these selectors are defined you should be good to go.
            Des
            webandflowdesign.com