This is a thing coded for my site - I am sharing it because I saw several posts on this forum whose authors claimed that it is desirable.
- download package in suitable archive format;
- extract package to the site’s root preserving archive’s internal structure or unpack it locally and send files over ftp;
- create new module named "Notify Users" and fill in its code block by pasting the content of "assets/modules/notify_users/notifyusers.txt";
- fill in "Module configuration" field ("Configuration" tab) with:
[tt]&mail_format=Send Mail As;list;plain,html;plain[/tt]
- (possibly you need to re-login);
- enjoy emailing your manager/web users from within backend of your MODx site.
Updating to a newer version: overwrite files, overwrite module’s code block.
Some assumptions that I have made:
- web users who had registered via Websignup and did not activate their accounts are not listed as potential recipients;
- module sends emails via PHPMailer that is integrated into MODx distribution and therefore configuration of a proper method used for sending emails is required within PHPMailer itself (by default PHPMailer is set to use mail() function so it should fit most cases, but if an administrator of your hosting server turned this function off, then you need to adjust PHPMailer for another available method).
You can check for the newer version at http://setpro.pl/software/notify-users#attachments