We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 132 Posts
    Hello,

I’m having a bit of a problem when trying to upload images through the manager. Here’s what’s happening.

• Browse to image and upload - say’s it succeeded.
    • Look through the list of files in the folder (display fine here), find the image I just uploaded and click Insert.
    • Once I click Insert, the dialog boxes close, and I’m back to the Resource editing page, where I should see the image inside the Rich Text box. Instead, I see the "broken image" icon.

I can RDP into this server and I can see the image go into the folder when I upload it. I can open it just fine from the server, but for some reason the manager will not show it. If I look in the "Files" tab, hovering over images will display the image, but not on ones uploaded from MODx; only ones directly copied to server.

I thought it was a permissions issue, and maybe it is, but I created the "Everyone" user and gave it Full Control to the folder I was uploading to in order to test. I would think that any files placed in this folder would inherit this, but it didn’t work.

Does anyone have some insight?

I’m using Revo v. 2.0.2-pl, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter with IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3.3, MySQL 5.0.7. pdo_mysql is enabled and I’ve used FF, IE & Chrome. No opcode cachine. No errors in log.
      • 132 Posts
      After some digging, we found out that PHP uses C:/Windows/Temp for its temp upload directory. In php.ini we changed it’s temp directory to a new folder with correct permissions, so when the images are uploaded it inherits the new permissions.