We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 199 Posts
    What does that mean in terms of
    - downloading MODX 2.1: will there be a IIS specific download?
    - does one need PHP installed?
    - what about xPDO drivers for IIS? Are those included?

Methinks it would be a good idea to have a separated IIS Installation Guide and Server Requirements because the existing documentation for the MS stack is non-existent, even for the RC4.

Also, will Packman be able to export everything from a LAMP 2.0.8 with very basic add-ons such as getResources, Wayfinder, Breadcrumbs to an IIS 2.1 install?
      MySQL: 5.0.45
      PHP: 5.2.6
      Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
      cURL enabled
      PDO enabled
      FFox Apple 3.6.8
      Firebug DIS-abled
      • 1,336 Posts
      I had a go at this a while back, thread is here http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,63139.msg357767.html#msg357767, wish you luck, you may be better installing onto a windows server platform rather than XP, if I ever get round to doing this again I’ll try this.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 199 Posts
        The server in question is a 64 bit Windows 2008 Server R2 machine.
          MySQL: 5.0.45
          PHP: 5.2.6
          Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
          cURL enabled
          PDO enabled
          FFox Apple 3.6.8
          Firebug DIS-abled
          • 1,336 Posts
          Yep, this sounds better, I only really came unstuck when I couldn’t get Xdebug to work, I just ran out of time with it.
            Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
            • 121 Posts
            After several years of running PHP under Windows environment I would say it is pretty darn close to being exactly the same as running under linux (as far as my needs go)

Just follow one of the online tutorials to install following on your windows server:

PHP & MYSQL installer for IIS
            Helicon Rewrite or Helicon Ape (even better!) to enable htaccess and rewrites

If you just want a test environment you can just install WAMP and then install modx on top of this.
            I wouldnt use packman to move the installation, I have done numerous migrations from my local machine's WAMP to a production server. For this, follow the tutorial on modx site or just google "migrating your modx installation"

Yes, permissions can be tricky and ensuring your PHP installation under IIS is optimised can be a challenge, just follow online tuts and you should be ok.

We are currently running 2 modx sites on a standalone windows 2008 server (x64) box. If anything, I find it easier/faster to access configs & dbase due to familiarity with windows environment.