We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi All,

The General issue is that I am having problems getting Modx to run on Windows Server 2008 IIS7. I am getting:

"Upload feature inhibited - make sure uploads are supported and the directory is writable for PHP." in Elements Manage > Files

... and ...

"unlink(C:\data\DOMAINNAMEDELETED\htdocs\assets\cache/docid_9.pageCache.php): Permission denied in C:\data\DOMAINNAMEDELETED\htdocs\manager\processors\cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 67 Warning: fopen(../assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\data\DOMAINNAMEDELETED\htdocs\manager\processors\cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 220 Cannot open file (../assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php)" when I try to Updater my Configuration.

The background. The site was written by someone else on a *nix server, and then transferred to my Windows Server 2003 / IIS6 server. It worked OK there, I believe maybe because it was Installed. Now we need to move to a new server, I have tried Transferring the data from the old server to the new one. And I am getting the errors above.

The new server is a Quad core / 4Gb Ram jobby, running:
    Windows Server 2008 Web Edition
    FastCGIModule for PHP
    MySQL 5.1
    Modx 1.0 rev 5601

I have RDC access to the server, so I can make any changes that are required there.

I am trying to do that as a transfer, as I am not the person responsible for the content of the website. I obviously want all files and changes that person made to be carried across.

I have given the IUSR account all sorts of permissions, and still get the error message above. Is there something I am missing, or do I have to install and start agian?

Thanks in advance.
    Trapper

Other thoughts:
    Yes I have LOTS of other MySQL databases running fine.
    Yes this server runs PHP INFO on this and other sites on the server.
      • 2 Posts
      OK, for those that follow...

The problem was indeed with permissions. I found this... http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/624/application-pool-identities/. Note under step 7 you must type what is in item 7, NOT what is shown in the accompanying image...

Trapper

• 12 Posts
        Cheers Trapper, I was struggling with this problem and app pool identities sorted it for me.