We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    We are testing out using MODx as our CMS and have installed Revolution RC2 on a test server running Windows Server 2003 and IIS6. The pre-installation checks all pass, and after installation, no warning messages are displayed. I’m taken to the login page, and upon entering credentials am greeted with the following message:

FastCGI Error
    The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

* The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout
    * Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
    * Error Description: The wait operation timed out.

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Thanks.
    • Really difficult to say without more details of the environment, like PHP version, etc. Generally issues like this are caused by permission problems on Windows that PHP does not properly detect. FWIW, RC3 will have some workarounds for the is_writable() bugs that are prevalent on IIS/Windows environments.
        • 12 Posts
        Thanks for the response!

I don’t know if this will help, but here are some more specs:

PHP version: 5.3.1

MySQL server version: 5.1.34-community

Memory limit: 128M

I don’t know what else you would need to know, but every pre-installation test was successful.
        • Right the pre-installation tests are not properly detecting if the files/folders are writable on IIS. Double check permissions on any folders/files the pre-install tests are checking writable permission on.
            • 12 Posts
            Hmm...I’ve double-checked and even went so far as to allow unlimited access in all the folders, but I still get the same error.
              • 12 Posts
              Okay, here’s some more info in case it helps:

I edited the FastCGI settings to increase the amount of time until it times out. Now, instead of that message, I get a blank screen. I’ve triple-checked all of the write settings, but it looks like they’re correct, especially since the installer is able to clear out the setup folder after installation.

Anything else I should be looking for?
              • Not sure what else to tell you. Does IIS log errors somewhere? In Apache, PHP and errors related to Apache-PHP interaction are recorded in Apache’s error_log, but I’m not familiar with IIS.

Any folks running Revo on IIS that can help out here?
                  • 12 Posts
                  Okay, hate to bring this up again, but we STILL haven’t gotten Revo successfully installed.

We wiped the development server clean and reinstalled IIS 6.0, MySQL, and PHP. I performed manual installations on all of them, and they seem to be working fine. This is on Windows Server 2003.

However, since we’re now trying to install Revo 2.0.0, our error messages seem to be a little more clear, although I don’t have enough experience to really understand what the problem is.

After all the preinstallation checks show green, I click the "Install" button. MODx tells me that everything installed hunky-dory. Now, however, I see the following on the bottom of the screen, in what I assume is a PHP debug mode, or maybe it’s new to this version of MODx.

pub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_users’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_user_attributes’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_membergroup_names’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_member_groups’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_user_group_roles’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_user_messages’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_user_roles’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_user_settings’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_workspaces’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_register_messages’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_register_topics’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_register_queues’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_transport_packages’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796 PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ’modx.modx_transport_providers’ doesn’t exist in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 1796

I then click "Continue" and enter in the login credentials, where it hangs roughly the same amount of time as before in RC2. But instead of the vague FastCGI error I got that was generated by the browser, MODx gives me the following:

CGI Error
                  The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I don’t know if this is the same problem or a different one. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Thanks!
                  • Hi

Could you create a phpinfo(); page which I can view?

Or let me know what the php info page says the mysql client version is?

Thanks Aaron
                      http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                      UK MODX Hosting with love.
                      • 12 Posts
                      Unfortunately, I can’t make it available since the server isn’t accessible from outside the network.

The phpinfo page says the mysql client API version is: mysqlnd 5.0.7-dev - 091210 - $Revision: 300533 $
                      The php version is 5.3.3.