We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    Hello smiley

Is it possible to make MODx run on a Microsoft server?

I am getting more clients that have their site on a Microsoft server and don’t want to move it to a Unix based server. I have been looking for a SEO friendly CMS that will run on a Microsoft server and have found nothing so far.

I run ALL of my client’s sites on MODx and I am looking for a solution so I don’t loose clients that have Microsoft servers.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ken Roberts
    • Just hold out a little longer and maybe all those that choose Windows servers will just disappear from the earth altogether along with the horrible idea of hosting public web sites with that OS.

But seriously, I run MODx on Windows with Apache all day/every day, just never with IIS. But MODx works with IIS as well (our founding father used IIS), though a few features are less flexible or possibly not available when running on that platform.
      • There’s a dedicated forum for this and there are instructions there for getting a good SEO setup done there. Moving this post there.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • MODx and IIS works perfectly when PHP and IIS is installed correctly let me know if you have any problems.

Aaron
            http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
            UK MODX Hosting with love.