We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    I am running MODx on a pair of load balanced front-end web servers. IIS is configured to use a UNC share on another server as the virtual website. What would I put in as the File Manager Path? Do I need to put in the physical address of the share on the file server, or should it be relevant to the web server where the code is actually being executed?

Thanks!
      • 32 Posts
      Well, I’ve made some progress on this. I went into the database and found the rb_base_dir setting in the table modx_system_settings. I changed that value to //server/share$/assets/ and now my TinyMCE file browser correctly reads images.

My File Manager Path in the configurations page is set to //server/share$/.

I still can’t seem to upload images from that dialog, like I used to be able to on my development machine (running XAMPP). But since I have the view correct, I’m going to look at domain service account permissions as the lead suspect for the new error, "Failed to upload file, internal error..."