We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    I am having hell trying to get MODx installed on this server.
    First let me state - PHP & MySQL ARE successfully installed, as I run another PHP website on the same server.

IIS6 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 - its a Domain Controller as well, but not a primary.
    PHP & MySQL is functioning on the server as I already have vCalendar installed.
    Initially it was installed using the latest PHP & MySQL available from the web.

MODx 0.9.5 kept returning 500 Internal Service Errors, and if I attempted to create a user I would get a error has occured.
    MODx 0.9.6 would install - but then if I logged into the manager, I get the attached error when viewing the main site. The site display’s ok when not logged into the manager.

I downgraded the database and installed MODx 0.9.5 again.

I have even downgraded MySQL to 4.1 and grabbed the entire PHP installation (including the php.ini) from my home server which is practically the same config - except thats a Primary DC on SP2 instead.
    My home server runs 3 MODx installations both at 0.9.5

I have installed at least 10 MODx installations, 8 of them which were on IIS although not all of them are current, some were test beds. Of the 3 I actively maintain, 2 are on IIS in practically this same config (One isn’t a DC)

On this server I have installed the various versions 20+ times.
    I have taken ownership of all the source files, I have reset the permissions and forced them to propagate about 10 times.
    I have ensured the read only flag is not set, I even set the permissions to Everyone - Full on the MODx directory.
    I have set it up as a virtual directory within the website, to no effect. I am almost about to shoot the server.

I have got the source code from a direct download, from an archive on my home PC, and an archive on another IIS server, but this one has me stumped. I have installed over the top, I have wiped out the database, I have upgraded installations.

I have looked over both phpinfo screens from within the manager and bar paths and session variables they are basically identical. MySQL versions differ a bit because of the changes I have been making to try and get it working.

Edit - Further Reference.

I disabled Quick Edit - both the module and plugin.
    The error then becomes

include(assets/snippets/ditto/lang/english.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    • Could you send me a private message with your php.ini file please remove any passwords if listed within it.

I presume you have checked that the missing file in the screenshot is actually there and it is not 0KB?

Thanks
        http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
        UK MODX Hosting with love.
        • 34 Posts
        PM Sent.
          • 34 Posts
          I got it working at another location where I had this issue.

And now I am hitting my head against a brick wall....

I had set the includes path in the php.ini to C:\PHP\Includes
          Not sure why it didn’t work when I copied a working PHP.ini from another server elsewhere though.

Should know if this is the same issue at the first place when I go there next.