We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I’m new to MODx and I would like to install it on a couple of sites on my GoDaddy account. I am having a lot of problems running the installer. I am not sure if I need to modify permission settings on some items. I’m also not sure where I would even do that on my GoDaddy account. The main error I’m getting is... Connection to host: failed!. It appears other have successfully setup MODx on GoDaddy. Any thoughts or suggestions? Many thanks in advance!

-Mitch
    • Are you using the correct mysql database server name, and login details?
        http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
        UK MODX Hosting with love.
        • 2 Posts
        As far as I know. I’m using the database host string provided from GoDaddy. The example connection strings in the GoDaddy documentation shows a port number as well (3306). Do I need to include that as well? I’ve also tried with a MySQL database hosted on CrystalTech but that was unsuccessful as well. I’m at a loss. Is it a permissions issue on the config file?

Thanks,
        Mitch
          • 58 Posts
          Did you change the hostname from localhost to p41mysql35.secureserver.net (if you are using php 4.1) or p50mysql5.secureserver.net (for php 5)?
          Alex