We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 97 Posts
    Hi,
    I’ve got a problem which I haven’t been able to get to the bottom of, on a Windows 2003 Server IIS installation of MODx. I’ve trawled and searched the forums and google in vain and I wonder if anyone here can shed any light?

This installation, after a few teething troubles during install, now almost works, except for one thing. When you edit a page anywhere in the manager and click save, the right hand pane of the manager goes blank and stays that way.
    If you refresh the browser it goes back to the manager front page (as expected when you do that) and if you go and check the change you made, you find that it did get saved correctly. Although this issue doesn’t result in loss of edits, it makes editing the site through the Manager a pain, and doesn’t look very professional.

It’s browser independent, and happens with or without the WYSIWYG editor switched on. It doesn’t seem to matter what you’re editing - a web page, a configuration page, a chunk, whatever - all clicks of the Save button in the manager cause this.

Bearing in mind that this isn’t my server and I only have limited access through their IT Dept, the setup is:

MODx 0.9.6, upgraded from 0.9.5, pretty vanilla, template switcher disabled, no extra plugins.
    PHP Version 5.1.6
    Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    MySQL 5.0.22 (no remote access to this, btw)

This site was developed on a Linux (LAMP) server in MODx 0.9.5, upgraded to 0.9.6 at some point and later the data and assets transerred to a fresh install of MODx 0.9.6 on the Windows 2003 (WAMP) server. Needless to say, it works fine on the LAMP server.

Oh, also, just to add a bit of spice, the database backup tool in the manager doesn’t work properly either - it looks like it’s going to, but never offers a download of the SQL file.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Blank right hand pane on save in the manager ring any bells for anyone? Any suggestions for fixing or even troubleshooting this one?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! smiley

Thanks!
    Dunc
      • 9 Posts
      Same problem here. In my case it doesnt even save the snippet properly. I have a modx 0.9.6 install on a linux box. I have had the problem occuring for only some snippets that i wrote and not all of them. The problem seems to persist even if i switch browsers.