We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi
    i tried to install modx 0.9.5 on my website, which is on an shared windows server with following settings:
    System Windows NT LANTHANUM 5.2 build 3790
    Build Date May 4 2006 10:30:29
    Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"
    Server API CGI/FastCGI
    Virtual Directory Support enabled.

All the installation steps is executed fine except on tha last step when it says it cannot write to config.inc.php and asks me to manually update this file. Which i have done.

When go to the manager url i get the following error:
    Warning: fopen(C:/I_have_hidden_this/www/manager/media/style//login.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\I_have_hidden_this\www\manager\includes\accesscontrol.inc.php on line 85

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for C:/I_have_hidden_this/www/manager/media/style//login.html in C:\I_have_hidden_this\www\manager\includes\accesscontrol.inc.php on line 86

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\I_have_hidden_this\www\manager\includes\accesscontrol.inc.php on line 86

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\I_have_hidden_this\www\manager\includes\accesscontrol.inc.php on line 87

When i check the database everything seams to be there and modx seams to be able to read from the database.

What can be wrong?

Regards Martin
      • 36 Posts
      I had the same problem because wrong permissions in the assets and the cache directories, two way of dealing with it are:

One way:
      1. Check the permissions of the assets and cache directories and config.inc.php file, all of them must be writable.
      2. Reinstall MODx (you may need to delete the database created before or use another prefix for the tables).

Second way:
      1. Copy the contents (files and directories) of the manager/media/style/MODxLight/ directory to its parent directory (manager/media/style/)
      2. Login to the manager.
      3. Change the look&feel in the configuration.
      4. Now you can delete de files copied in step 1 (leaving them in their original location).
        • 5 Posts
        Thanks! It worked. (I deleted the database and reinstalled)

Now i have another problem.

In the Tools/Configuration Interface & Features tab
        the dropdown "Editor to use" is empty even though i choosed to install TinyMCE.

/martin
          • 36 Posts
          Have you tried (re)installing TinyMCE?
          Sorry I don’t give you a better advice but I’m new with MODx too wink
            • 2,310 Posts
            For what it’s worth I wouldn’t bother with the editor unless you need it for the front end.
            For consistent results use source view.
            I always turn it off!
            David