We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I am having the same issue as above, any further advice? I have installed php..that works, installed mysql with new users.. that i can log in to remotely, uploaded all modx files and given full permission. Still I cant get passed the database connection test and no errors are showing?? do i need to install a spacific connector for modx? is that what i have missed???
      • 7 Posts
      sarah@insight Reply #22, 14 years ago
      Hi Forum..

All of the posts in this thread sound very familiar to me. I’m just wondering if anyone has gotten as far as installing MODx on the IIS server only to get to the manager without the CSS styles on it! (I’ve attached a screenshot.) What does this mean? I’ve tried changing permissions on the folders but for some reason my FTP manager comes up with ’SITE CHMOD 044 manager’: command not understood." and won’t let me change anything.

Sar
        • 494 Posts
        Clear cms cache. (using direct link if you can not find link on this page
        I hade the same problem.
          • 199 Posts
          Hi,

Can you upgrade the instructions for installing Revo on IIS using MSSQL?
            MySQL: 5.0.45
            PHP: 5.2.6
            Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
            cURL enabled
            PDO enabled
            FFox Apple 3.6.8
            Firebug DIS-abled
            • 2 Posts
            Quote from: sarah@insight at Apr 19, 2010, 09:16 AM

Hi Forum..

All of the posts in this thread sound very familiar to me. I’m just wondering if anyone has gotten as far as installing MODx on the IIS server only to get to the manager without the CSS styles on it! (I’ve attached a screenshot.) What does this mean? I’ve tried changing permissions on the folders but for some reason my FTP manager comes up with ’SITE CHMOD 044 manager’: command not understood." and won’t let me change anything.

Sar

Hey Sarah,

Did you get it running? I have exactly the same on my clients win 2003 server. I could install it properly on sub directory that the server provider made for me with full permission, but then again there is no output from modx. No preview, nothing. I’m kinda stuck with this... The root gives also an error: Cannot open file (../assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php) while installing. And they are not running FastCGI, if that has anything to do with it. All suggestions are welcome...
              • 202 Posts
              I came to this thread from a link posted by Aaron. Didn't see the guides attached. It'd be great if those guides were available again?
                • 202 Posts
                I successfully installed 2.2RC1 on IIS7, Advanced install.

Here's how I did it. I downloaded the Advanced install via web browser. I moved the zipped file into the server's core_inetpub directory and extracted it there.

I'm not an expert but I believe by extracting it there it inherited the permissions. I moved the Setup directory into inetpub/wwwroot directory.

All went smooth - very much unlike the upgrade issues I had with 208 to 213, and 215. None of those worked. This 2.2RC1 was a fresh install.

Note: I have a Dashboard error message. I'll post that to the Revo 2.2 support board.
                  • 8 Posts
                  I don't see the attachment to the first post... client is trying to install on IIS, and I'm researching how to help. How can I view/download the guide mentioned? Thanks!