We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi

I have read the last post about installation problems on Win XP. I have PHP 5.0.4, MySQL 5 and am running Apache 2.0.54 on XP Pro for the installation. I have manually created a modx database in MySQL using MySQL Administrator as well as a modx user. The user has all priviledges assigned for this database. Returning to installation page in my browser, i can’t get further than the connection information page. When i click on ’Test Connection’ the browser returns ’Testing connection...’ and don’t proceed further than this. When submitting the page and the one after about optional items i am left stranded on a blank page and the installation doesn’t proceed. Any assistance would be very much appreciated
    • You might try a more recent PHP build, as 5.0.4 has some odd issues assocaited with it... Other than that (and that’s a suggestion for all platforms) I’m clueless on IIS.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 2 Posts
        Hi

Thanks for your post and your quick reply. I upgraded to PHP 5.2.1 and all is working. Thanks for a great program.

Cheers