We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Hi there,

I’m building an ecom demo based on Shopx and maybe some other existing snippets (ppp...). What I want to do at this point is to ask the user to register (or login) before checking out. Thus I will be able to charge the right tax/shipping costs depending on the shipping address.

In the manager, when changing the document web access status from "public" to "private", i.e. you want the document to be available for registered users only, the browser prompts a login window, and then redirect to the page designated as the "Unauthorized page" if login/password didn’t match. Is that a normal behavior ? Is there any way to change that (I want to go to the document "Unauthorized page" straight away, without the browser prompt).

Also, I was thinking it would be great to be able to specify a "Unauthorized page" per document. That would allow to redirect my web users to the right login/register form depending on what they are trying to access.

Thanks,
    Seb
      • 74 Posts
      OK, found out that the problem was due to my installation (running on an IIS server). Moved my site to Apache and no connection prompt anymore.

Anyone using Modx under IIS has experienced the same issue ?

This pot should go under the IIS / Windows hosting issues sub forum now (http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/board,220.0.html). Would be great if a moderator could move it, thanks !

Seb
      • Hi,

Normally when you get an unexpected password prompt dialog on a windows box is either because

a) you uploaded a .htaccess file - if your host uses someting like IISPassword to secure directories it will assume the file you uploaded is to protect the dir
        b) the security permissions on your iis site directory are wrong, you would need to contact your host to reset the permissions on the dir.

The majority of the time its a) which is easy to fix

:)
          http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
          UK MODX Hosting with love.