We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    Hi,

I keep having the following Error Message pop up on all pages:

[color=green]MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:<br />« PHP Parse Error »<br /> <br />PHP error debug<br />  Error: 	fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/assets/cache/docid_72.pageCache.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied	 <br />  Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 <br />  File: 	c:\inetpub\wwwroot\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php	 <br />  Line: 	589	 <br />  Line 589 source: 	if ($fp= @ fopen($basepath . "/docid_" . $this->documentIdentifier . ".pageCache.php", "w")) {[/color]

This only appears in Firefox not IE6. Don’t know about IE7.

I also get the following in the Manager when I update a page or template:

[color=green]Cannot open file (../assets/cache//siteCache.idx.php)PHP Warning: fopen(../assets/cache//siteCache.idx.php): failed to open<br />stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\manager\processors\cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 199[/color]

------
    Web Server: IIS6
    PHP version: 4.4.2
    MySQL version: 4.0.27-nt
    Operating System and version: WIN Server 2003

If anyone has any advise, I would love it smiley

Glenn
    • Advice A: check the permissions on those files...it seems as if the user account running the web server does not have permission to access those files? Did you move those from a deployment somewhere else? Otherwise, it makes no sense that the web server account/PHP user cannot get write access to them since it should have been the one to write them in the first place...

Advice B: uninstall IIS immediately, and never look back... cool
        • 177 Posts
        B.
          • 44 Posts
          Quote from: OpenGeek at Jan 24, 2007, 11:12 PM

Advice B: uninstall IIS immediately, and never look back... cool

Trust me, I want to go with Option B. But sometimes it is hard to convince people that don’t listen in the first place.

Thanks for the help.
          • Probably best to use a more-IIS/ASP/.Net solution then, in all honesty. There’s a few folks running MODx successfully on IIS and it can be done, but I personally think it’s a bad idea, and a pain. Doubly-so if you don’t own the server and have 1000% control over it, and a MCSE on staff.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • I’ve seen this problem on my IIS servers generally when a site is moved from a dev machine or sub test domain,

a) delete all files in cache dir then in modx click Site - Refresh Site
              b) double check the IIS permissions are correct and reset on wwwroot if anyone needs the correct IIS security perms let me know.

MODx on windows IIS is a perfect combination the key to it all is finding a good Windows Host or having the server perms and PHP setup correctly.

http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                UK MODX Hosting with love.
              • Quote from: awardle at Feb 16, 2007, 07:30 PM

MODx on windows IIS is a perfect combination the key to it all is finding a good Windows Host or having the server perms and PHP setup correctly.

That would make for an OUTSTANDING wiki article, combined with isapirewrite stuff. laugh
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • I think the IIS section is a great addition windows hosting always gets blaimed as not being so good with PHP, but for me MODx worked straight away in my environment.

I’ve been thinking maybe I could setup a fresh server and then document the correct steps for permissions, IIS, mysql and MODx to work on a windows server perhaps this sort of thing could be added to the MODx wiki and would help promote MODx in a windows environment.
                    http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                    UK MODX Hosting with love.
                  • That would be tremendously appreciated awardle, thank you (and I’ll get back to you on that PM this weekend wink ).