We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    IS ModX compatible with IIS? I built the site locally using Xampp, but I need to run it on IIS 6.0 for my production server. Everything transferred over fine except for one thing. When I try to add or duplicate templates in the manager I get an error. "$rs not set! New template not saved!"

Is this an IIS issue, or did I miss something when I changed it over to the new server?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Chris
    • First of all, welcome to the community smiley

Now, IIS is, in some ways, uncharted territory ... some people get it to work, some don’t. wink

The error you’re getting seems to be more general so perhaps not directly rooted to you running it on IIS 6.0. Perhaps this topic will help: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,4573.0.html

Cheers, Garry
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
        • 2 Posts
        Gary,

Thanks so much for your fast response. It turns out that it was not IIS at all that was causing my problem. I installed Mysql via Xampp on my local setup, and used the Mysql windows installer on my IIS machine. It appears that Strict mode is checked by default in the windows installer. Simply taking off strict mode fixed the problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Chris