We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Quote from: sottwell at Aug 29, 2014, 02:49 AM
    I have had serious problems with sites on Hostgator with alarming frequency lately. I'm almost to the point of refusing to take on a job when I find out that's the hosting provider.

And I have never had any success with any of the one-click installers. That's not a feature of the hosting provider anyway, it's part of whatever third-party installer they use, such as Scriptaculous.

Sorry to hear you're been having issues with them, what are the issues maybe someone here will be able to assist you?

If you're considering a new provider away from them feel free to reach out to me, we would be happy to offer you with a free migration smiley.
      Alex A. - [email protected]
      Premium MODX Hosting - Free Domain Name - $175 Ad Credits - Cloudflare + Railgun & Much More
      20% Lifetime Discount: SAVE20
    • I've never used Hostgator myself, just worked with clients using them. I use the MODX Cloud and SkyToaster for my own sites.

And I should be fair and say that I usually only end up working with sites that are in trouble already, so there are probably lots of MODX sites working quite happily on Hostgator. I've just never dealt with one.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 322 Posts
        Quote from: sottwell at Aug 30, 2014, 06:27 PM
        I've never used Hostgator myself, just worked with clients using them. I use the MODX Cloud and SkyToaster for my own sites.

I've also had problems with Hostgator. Some sites seem to do OK, but other times there are lots of problems. Maybe it depends on which server you end up on. Personally, I use Site5 for almost all my sites. Many server locations, domestic and abroad, so connection time is really good, great tech support, cloud hosting option (works great), competitive pricing, etc. I did try Arvixe at one point and was quite pleased. One thing they offer is both Linux and Windows hosting, if you need that. I tried to push a client to sign up there because they had multiple sites and one was a .net site. They chose to stay at GoDaddy, despite the numerous problems they experienced there, because they didn't want to go through the hassle of moving all their sites. Too bad for them.
          • 60 Posts
          sebastian-marinescu Reply #34, 7 years, 10 months ago
          For Germany and the countries around it, All-Inkl (my partner-link / appreciated to be used, if my hint helped you) is the best hoster.

• Good performance of their servers
          • They have an own tool to fast-install a CMS (also MODX)
          • From their "Premium"-Package (10,-/month) up they have SSH included
          • The Hotline is open 24/7 and there is always a nerd on the other side smiley
            • 1 Posts
            I did a full review of InMotion Hosting, which you can read here. However, I wanted to specifically look at InMotion Hosting vs. HostGator.
              best review adele