We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • With nearly 30,000 downloads since releasing 0.9.5 in December, it’s time for our final "legacy" code base release.

0.9.6 will contain more than 30 bug report and feature request resolutions, including major improvements to the installer, error reporting, internationalization and ongoing security improvements. Some of the enhancements in the final release will include:
    • Complete port of all manager code and all demo content to Mootools version 1.0 javascript library.
    • Significant improvement to the Ajax Search and Search Results Highlighting code including the ability to search in TVs.
    • Ditto upgraded to version 2 with it’s companion snippet Reflect. The demo content now includes monthly archives and tagging examples for more a complete demonstration of how to set up a basic blog.
    • Major language overhaul in the manager including baseline support for Right-to-Left (RTL) languages, and updated French, German, Dutch, European Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Japanese and Swedish languages (would like to have more in the final release but we need complete translation packs).
    • Installer now creates databases if your database user has the appropriate permissions and allows you to specify collation and encoding settings for new installs and upgrades.
    • Addressed key problems that resulted in blank page conditions when recursive error conditions existed.
    • Ongoing security enhancements for systems with register_globals set to On, systems running suid, and with input filtering.
    • Manager usability improvements.
    • TinyMCE Rich Text Editor improvements and new default configurations to minimize occurrences of "messing up your proper XHTML code".

Please discuss this RC and provide feedback so we can make a final release ASAP. If you find a new bug introduced by 0.9.6, please add it to the bug tracker (but don’t report existing, unresolved bugs).

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me