We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,213 Posts
    Quote from: ejcross at Apr 25, 2007, 01:03 AM

Thanks for the reply doze,

Who do you use?
    I currently use Estonian based hoster (netpoint.ee). It’s very cheap and has been reliable for the three years that I’ve had it. When I started to use it, they had no monthly or yearly fees at all, just one registration price at the start which was 25 euros. smiley This year they started to have yearly fee for 45 euros and that buys you: 2GB space, 50GB monthly bandwidth, 10 ftp users, 100 mailboxes, 4 mysql db’s with 6 users and 25 subdomains. They have PHP 5 (with mod_rewrite and Zend Optimizer) and MySQL 4 + the usual misc apps such as webalizer, imagemagick, cron support etc.. and daily backups for all files/dbs..

Previously I have used other Finnish based hosting companies, but I don’t do web development professionally. This is just my hobby for me and I really don’t know what you should have... I don’t know for example that how this hoster cope with sites that have much traffic, all I can say is that my site works smiley

But if you are going to do web development professionally, I would still suggest to get a VPS so you can setup things the way you want.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."