We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 152 Posts
    Hi guys,

I have a non-modx-related question about SEO.

I’m doing all the basic things to get my personal page higher in Google (and other SEs) rankings. I found many sites that has a payed service for submitting a certain link to search engines. For example the offer:
    Submitting your site to 200 search engines = 50eu
    Submitting your site to 400 search engines = 70eu
    Submitting your site to 600 search engines = 90eu

My questions:
    - Does this actually work?
    - Is this called linkbuilding?
    - Can I do this myself, and if so, are there tools for this?

Looking forward too your answers!

/m
      Quality doesn't need a big signature.
      • 284 Posts
      Quote from: mDesign at Dec 08, 2010, 10:26 AM
      - Does this actually work?
      yes and no. You can’t say no because it actually tells these search engines that there’s a website to crawl.
      - Is this called linkbuilding?
      No. Link building is a real SEO strategy to produce links to your website from higher ranked sites. This is what results in your Google PageRank and gives you a better result-position.
      900 search engines – sorry but this is unneccessary. The only 3 that matters are Google, Bing, Yahoo (Bing + Yahoo are in cooperation).
      - Can I do this myself, and if so, are there tools for this?
      Like answer no.2 you can. Sure there are tools for the other hundreds of SEs but in my opinion you don’t need to do because there are more important things to get a better position:
      - good backlinks (topic related sites, better ranked sites, not in blog-comments)
      - good content (very important!) which ist well-structured HTML and good marked (<strong> etc)
        MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
        • 152 Posts
        Hi smooth-graphics,

Thanks for you fast and clear answer, this was really helpfull.

This topic is [Solved]

Thanks again,

/m
          Quality doesn&#39;t need a big signature.