We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 102 Posts
    Hello,

I added information to "description" and "long title" in modx manager and saved. But when I preview sites code that information isn’t generated.

I do have some default meta information in <head> already entered (from when I was building template):
    <meta name="description" content="some text" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="some keywords" />

Do I need to replace it with something like this ?:
    <meta name="description" content="[b][[*description]][/b]" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="some keywords" />

• Yes: you need to use [[*description]] and [[*longtitle]] where you want those items to appear.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 102 Posts
        Thank you for a ultra quick response smiley

Where would one usually put [[*longtitle]] ? I understand that it’s definately not for "keywords"

One last thing, is it still best option to create TV [[keywords]] for <meta name="keywords" /> ?
        And having something like this in the end:
        <meta name="keywords" content="[[keywords]]" />

• It would be [[*keywords]] (thought I don’t think you’ll see much SEO benefit if any from keywords ... Google pretty much started ignoring them years ago...).

You can use whichever fields you like honestly. It would make sense to create two TVs dedicated for the purpose too, though, to be sure.

<meta name="description" content="[[*myDescriptionTV]]" />
          <meta name="keywords" content="[[*myKeywordsTV]]" />

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 102 Posts
            Thank you!
            I will do that.

I have red about "keywords" meta tag being obsolete. But I also red that other search engines might still use them plus there is no harm in having them smiley

Cheers.