We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 697 Posts
    Hi,

I’m encountering a problem using TreasureChest with the PayPal Sandbox.

Let’s say that the "Thank you" PDT page’s ID is 123.

After the payment, Paypal redirects to .../index.php?123 instead of .../index.php?id=123

This occurs if I set the PDT field to either 123 or id=123 in TreasureChest configuration.

I reloaded the site and the problem remains. Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks.
      • 697 Posts
      I had forgotten that the PDT page can also be specified in PayPal buyer seller account preferences and the mistake was there.

However, although I cleared the cached content (both server side and client side) the redirection is still wrong.

There is also confusion in my mind : what is the difference between specifying the PDT page on PayPal and in TreasureChest configuration ?

Does the later "overwrite" the default PDT page set in PayPal ?

Another thing that is not obvious to me : should enable the "Test mode" my PayPal Sandbox buyer account ?
      Or is this an option to do "last minute" tests in a real (not Sandbox) buyer account ?

Thanks for any help.
        • 697 Posts
        By reading again Terry’s notes on TreasureChest I discovered that in PayPal seller account preferences is some PDT token.
        I copy-pasted it into TreasureChest’s configuration.
        But redirection still does not work properly.

Also confirmed (test) emails for the seller and the buyer, as well as the test credit cards.

All works fine now. grin

(Note : Maybe is some delay on PayPal’s servers after I you change the PDT page and copy-paste the PDT token.)