We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 181 Posts
    Hi all,

The way I am thinking it should work is:
    Customer selects a video by clicking on a icon with a bit of text explaining what its about, it takes them to PayPal (I have done this part before) and then once payment is made a email goes their inbox with a username password and a link to the streaming video.

Is there a way for ModX to send out specific page logins?
    Even if the owner has to send out the email after they have reviewed payment.

Thanks Guys
      • 181 Posts
      Okay I worked it out by looking up web users and using webLogin.
        • 388 Posts
        Care to elaborate?
          www.terrybarthdesign.com
          • 181 Posts
          Hi Terry,

I just did some scouting around and found some info in Google:

1. make a new user group say school under security then manage permissions
          2. then make a new web user
          3. then make a new page with [!WebLogin? &loginhomeid=`1` &logouthomeid=`1`!]
          4. then make some other pages with the ’Access permissions’ set to ’school’.

So once you login the new page will show in the menu.
            • 388 Posts
            So you do this manually for each purchase after you receive payment via paypal?
              www.terrybarthdesign.com
              • 181 Posts
              The project has changed a bit now so it only requires the secure login part.

As for purchase these videos if I was still doing it I would probably use treasureChest or something, but I ended up finding a online video store which lets you upload, convert and set up a payment gateway.

I am currently trying to use treasureChest for a different project but I had to install it manual and I am having lots of problems.