We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    Hi there, I have a leader board and square ad on my website pages and would like to know if anyone has tackled managing ads/links/clicks through Modx.

In an older post someone mentioned trying "phpadsnew" and "phpads".

As this was an old post I was wondering if anyone has come up with another solution?

I’m just looking for the basics...
      [center]-- smiley --[/center]
      [center]New View Media - Custom Website Design[/center]
      [center]Custom Website Design & Marketing = Strategic Business![/center]
      • 129 Posts
      openx/phpads both seem a little overkill.

Will be having around 100 pages on the website and would like to showcase different ads in different sections. Couple ad spaces will be google ads which I don’t need anything for. However the customer wants to sell and track one leaderboard ad and square ad across multiple pages.

Track clicks, page views, etc

Ability for a customer to easily edit/change ads and links

What are some of the 30+ ways to manage ads?
        • 218 Posts
        i would still suggest phpads/openads for your needs. Installation and configuration is not very difficult, and it works good together with MODx.

Olaf
          • 129 Posts
          Thanks for the suggestions... think I’m aiming for the easiest/quickest solution at the moment

So it looks like I will dig into phpads/openx

Have a good one and will update with the progress soon