We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 208 Posts
    I have set up a MODx site for a friend and he wants to make up a few Cd’s and ebooks to sell from his site, I have looked on the forum here and everything seems to point to foxy cart, as he is only going to have a handful at most of these items a full shopping cart seems a little overkill.

Can anyone advice me if there is a simpler option or way of doing this, I have only set up 1 shopping cart before which was oscommerce so would appreciate any ideas on the best way to do this.

Cheers

Ian
    • I personally love Foxycart. There’s also Treasure chest that is simple and fast to set up, not to mention very inexpensive, too.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 208 Posts
        Well the foxy cart might be great if your selling a few products but honestly I reckon these sales will be so low they wont even cover the cost of foxy cart each month, my guess it I will have to use a self hosted package which integrates with papal or something, also i think there will be only about 5 or less products, I might be wrong but I feel this is going to be a really low sales.
        Is http://www.kiweecommerce.org/ more likely to do the trick or any other non cart solutions. I only know what I have read on these forums.

Cheers

Ian
          • 2,310 Posts
          If it’s that small why not just use Ditto as a catalogue, one article for each product, with a paypal buy it now button, then use Ditto to summarize?
          • Kiwee is not production ready, and in a state of limbo right now. Treasure Chest sounds like it’d fit your needs exactly.
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 788 Posts
              You could also give gCart a try. Completely free and can use PayPal or GoogleCheckout. It might be a little rough around the edges, but hopefully as more people integrate it, those wrinkles can be ironed out.
                Jesse R.
                Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
                Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
                Donate now. Every contribution helps.
              • Good point Jesse. I need to go play with that indeed ... thanks for reminding me. smiley
                  • 31 Posts
                  I’m the need of a cart solution too and had just a look at kiwee which is in unmaintained state at the moment. I also saw a gCart example which was really expressive but i am not sure if this would be combinable with eForm?

My requirements are just simple cart functions for a couple of products and in the beginning no payment integration, so a form with the cart contents would do. In a later step a larger product set and paypal should be possible as well.

Any experience in this?