We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 152 Posts
    The system of MODx is perfect for seo, but i have problem. Directory and contnent same adress .hml after name.
    I will this adress:
    www.domain.com/napoleon.html - content(document)
    www.domain.com/quotes/ - folder
    How can I have in the end of adress folder (/) and (.html) in the end of adress content

How?

10x smiley

[b]mod note:[/] subject clarified
      Multylingo 1.0 alpha (snippet + plugin) - For creation a full-featured multilingual site with MODx Evo
      My sites:
      Мисли, интересни мисли
      • 970 Posts
        • 152 Posts
        many 10x tkfm
          Multylingo 1.0 alpha (snippet + plugin) - For creation a full-featured multilingual site with MODx Evo
          My sites:
          Мисли, интересни мисли
          • 152 Posts
          SEO Strict URLs plugin is very good instrument. Any idea how I improve my adress with SEO Strict URLs plugin to:

domain.com/quotes/
          domain.com/quotes/other/ -folder

and

domain.com/napoleon.html - content(document)
            My sites:
            Мисли, интересни мисли
            • 970 Posts
            If you set friendly alias path ON, and also set friendly URL prefix empty and suffix ’.html’, you can get
            Quote from: sykrateno at Feb 07, 2008, 09:52 AM

domain.com/quotes/other/ -folder
            domain.com/napoleon.html - content(document)
            with default setting of SEO Strict URLs.

And with the option setting of SEO Strict URLs, you can make empty folder ending ’/’.
              • 152 Posts
              tkfm
              And with the option setting of SEO Strict URLs, you can make empty folder ending ’/’.

Where is this option, on SEO Strict URLs->configuration->Plugin configuration or another place?

My code there is:

&editDocLinks=Edit document links;int;1 &makeFolders=Rewrite containers as folders;int;1 &emptyFolders=Check for empty container when rewriting;int;0 &override=Enable manual overrides;int;1 &overrideTV=Override TV name;string;seoOverride

I don`t find any other option(or Parameters) about this Plugin and I ask stupid questions. Sorry about this and about my terrible english.
                My sites:
                Мисли, интересни мисли
                • 970 Posts
                Quote from: sykrateno at Feb 08, 2008, 10:05 AM

Where is this option, on SEO Strict URLs->configuration->Plugin configuration or another place?
                Yeah, I meant that option.

When the prefix is set to empty and the suffix is set to ’.html’, SEO Strict URLs with default settings output like these...
                1. Folders with at least 1 child document are expressed like ’..../blog/’ (ending with slash)
                2. Any other documents are expressed like ’..../blog.html’

If you want to express folders without any child document like ’..../blog/’, you should set the ’Check for empty container when rewriting’ option to ’1’.
                  • 152 Posts
                  My idea is folder in parent folder and contents in this.

NO -> domain.com/folder1/folder2/content.html (1)

YES -> domain.com/folder1/folder2/
                  domain.com/content.html (2)

folder2 is parent folder and in this folder is content.html.
                  With this plugin I have only 1 parent folder. Construction is like this:
                  domain.com/folder1/
                  domain.com/folder2/
                  domain.com/content.html

or construction (1). I don`t want this. I want construction (2)
                    My sites:
                    Мисли, интересни мисли
                    • 970 Posts
                    So in other words, you want the friendly URL ON if targeted document is a folder, and not for normal document... ?

I think that might not be possible and you need some modification or to create new plugin...
                    Sorry I can not help you.
                      • 152 Posts
                      In other words, I want 2 level folder SEO address and documents in root address.

Site:
                      Folder Documents
                      root
                      Quotes
                      Other
                      Napoleon
                      Stephen King
                      Sun Tzu
                      Text

And I want this sitemap:
                      domain.com/quotes/
                      domain.com/quotes/other/
                      domain.com/napoleon.html
                      domain.com/stephen_king.html
                      domain.com/sun_tzu.html
                      domain.com/text/

Did you understand me this time?
                        My sites:
                        Мисли, интересни мисли