We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 142 Posts
    Hi there,

I’ve been attempting to add some site visitors statistics tracking using slimstats.
    grabbed the latest code from here:

http://wettone.com/code/slimstat

and followed the instructions from here:

http://www.modxcms.com/slimstat-plugin-for-modx.html

but it’s not recording any stats or data into MySQL tables at all.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Using modx 0.95 on Apache windows server ( on our internal test server ) and a LAMP setup on our external server.
    If there’s a better alternative to Slimstat feel free to recommend it!
    Cheers

TXRX
      p i x e l p u s h e r e x t r o d i n a i r e
      A x i s A n i m a t i o n . c o m
      • 142 Posts
      Thanks, much easier and very comprehensive. Also saves our MySQL from getting bloated as well!
      Cheers!

TxRx
        • 412 Posts
        Neat... I always thought that was just something that made the webmaster money.

Is the overhead worth it though?

• The reports from Google Analytics are simply stunning considering it’s a free service. If you do campaigns with Adsense ads (as in you’re the advertiser) you can really get some incredible info.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 412 Posts
            Yeah, I logged in and took a look at the features. I dig it, but I only get about 15 visitors a day so for now it would be overkill for me. It’s a far cry from when i was a mirror for bootdisk.com- wow talk about some traffic. heh
              • 142 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Dec 10, 2007, 02:15 PM

The reports from Google Analytics are simply stunning considering it’s a free service.

I can happily agree with you on that. Not sure quite what the overhead is at the mo tho.