We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    I’m looking for a shopping cart to use with MODx.

I’ve searched the forums and found a bit of info on a couple of projects: KiweeCommerce, ShopX, and foxycart.

Foxycart seems like it would be neat, but you pay a monthly fee. Kiwee and Shopx seem neato, but I haven’t found anything saying that either of those could really be used.

Currently, I’m customizing a zencart installation, but it’s a pain to use/learn, and I don’t need a whole extra CMS just to handle products and payment gateway modules. Though this is my current best free solution.

What I want is simple, I think...

I want to be able to set up a product and a payment gateway, and then just insert the product and a buy button on various pages within my MODx site.

Is there such a thing? Any input/suggestions would be great! Thanks!
    • I’ve deployed several Foxycart sites. It’s easy and works incredibly well. Kiwee likewise looks really promising but is not quite as far along. Both are free to try and I’d recommend those two. ShopX is also great but it was more of a proof of concept and I believe that Kiwee will take it’s place. Good luck!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 46 Posts
        Oh, Kiwee is also free to "try"? Is it something that one would pay for eventually?

And thanks for the reply Ryan. So you’re having a good experience with foxycart? It’s $15/mo right? Do you just pass that along to your clients? Is that price per site or cart, or user or client or...?
          • 46 Posts
          Ah yes. Thanks. Sorry I missed that! rolleyes

I’ll give it a try. Has anyone integrated Zen Cart (or zencart ?) with modx?
            • 20 Posts
            Commercial carts exist. E.g. Veracart is one such fairly advanced system which I integrate for my clients. Integration is loose, but if you look at the sample sites, you will see that it appears fairly seamless (and easy to setup): http://www.clubsauce.com , http://www.yourcauseconnection.com , http://flagartprints.com
            • KiweeCommerce is as is said by the devs Alpha and for testing and should NOT be used on production sites. While it is the most promising integration as it uses the MODx core for much of the processing. It will certainly be good as it is all within the MODx Manager. I have tested it as have others and there are lots of problems. If you are looking for an integration solution and you are in the US or UK then I would look at FoxyCart as it works well with MODx and can be called from within templates.
                Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                • 10 Posts
                Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I run a small web firm in Vermont. I was sad that the KiweeCommerce development had came to a halt, so I called up the good people that created Kiwee and I got my hands on the latest release of KiweeCommerce from the owners of the company and they said I have full permission to get this project up and going again. I have attached the latest release to this message.

I would basically like to take what they started with Kiwee and take it to the next level!

I have created a Google Code project for KiweeCommerce and I have uploaded the latest code there as well. Let’s take this to the next level! Here is the link: http://code.google.com/p/kiweecommerce/

Who is with me!!?
                >Mike.
                  • 70 Posts
                  Thank you Mike for continuing this project, i hope the development process this module supporting by all core developer of modx grin
                    • 10 Posts
                    Hi adhiarta,

Thanks for your kind reply! I hope the entire Modx Community gets involved as well. I also hope that the core developers of the site take an interest in bringing KiweeCommerce back to life and making it the best e-commerce module for MODx for everyone to enjoy. It would be my dream that it someday is FULLY integrated into the base install of MODx!

>Mike
                      • 128 Posts
                      Wow smiley, keep us updated on how this goes!