We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Hello.

I posted my Easy Newsletter on the repository and then discovered this forum. Well I have already tested it some so I think it will be okay. But I would really like you guys to check it out. Especially look at how I make the Rich Text Editor to work correctly (see Known bugs/improvements) below.

Here is the description:

Easy Newsletter
    With Easy Newsletter you can create newsletters, handle subscribers within the manager and let visitors subscribe/unsubcribe themselves to your mailing list.

Features:
    - Visitors can subcsribe and unsubscribe themselves from your mailinglist.
    - Subscription form can be in any document (webpage) you want.
    - You can edit and delete subscribers.
    - Create, edit and delete newsletters in HTML format.
    - Send test newsletters before you send to the subscribers.
    - Setup sending options like SMTP, Qmail MTA, Sendmail, PHP mail.
    - This release contains English and Danish. You can add custom languages.

Known bugs/improvements:
    - Bold, italic and underline do not work in Newsletter editor.
    - Pictures do not show up correctly in newsletter editor.
    - If the document is cached, the subscription form will not work.

This is my first contribution to MODx and I am not really a programmer so please be gentle smiley

NEW VERSION

I have made Easy Newsletter 0.2 - I forgot something in the previous release.
    - Put firstname, lastname and e-mail headings on subscription form.

Life is a movie....action!
    • This is great,

I think MODx has needed something like this for some time, my site requirements is to have newsletter members but I wanted to seperate them from web users as I need to use web users for the members area. So this solution seems perfect.

The install guide was easy to follow and I had it installed within a few minutes, thanks

Aaron. grin

http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
        UK MODX Hosting with love.