We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Is there something in developement regarding Trackbacks already?
    I’d love to have some/seed some in my MODx blog.
    If no one developes a snippet/plugin/whatever I’ll try to have a look at it.

Anyone interested in colaboration?

! ! ! VERSION 0.5 AVAILABLE FOR TESTING PURPOSE ! ! !
    See the enclosed readme.txt for info on how to install and use.

Feedback welcome.
    • Quote from: florian.l at Aug 15, 2006, 02:30 PM

Is there something in developement regarding Trackbacks already?
      I’d love to have some/seed some in my MODx blog.
      If no one developes a snippet/plugin/whatever I’ll try to have a look at it.

Anyone interested in colaboration?

Though nothing specifically with trackbacks yet, there is effort under way to the core which will make it much easier to create any kind of web or ajax service within MODx. But if you are interested in getting a trackback component or two up and running with the current MODx, the work, though it might need to be refactored once the new architecture is available, would still be invaluable to the efforts and I’m always interested in collaboration on important components such as this.
      laugh
      Cheers
        • 74 Posts
        Ok, things start working laugh
        So far I managed to save trackbac infos from another Blog (e.g. Wordpress) into a MySQL-Table. From there it should be easy to get this content on the specific MODx site.

Things I hardly work on now:
        - Create a TV that sends a TrackBackPing to another blog.
        - get as much bubblegum in my mouth as possible
          • 74 Posts
          I love MODx!!!!

Got that thing wokrin’ baby. The snippet is used very easy. At the moment I’m trying to ping other blogs. The function works fine but I need to implement that into MODx document creation.

- Save trackback info from another blog in database: CHECK
          - Show trackbacks on document: CHECK
          - Use your own Chunk for displaying the trackbacks: CHECK
          - Ping other blogs to leave trackbacks: PENDING (must find a way to do it) I think this works with a TV. Can someone give me a hint.
            • 7,075 Posts
            Can’t point you in the right direction or help with the code there, but trackbacks for MODx, that’s cool news for MODx bloggers, florian grin
            Keep up the great work !
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 74 Posts
              Ok, ok

I think I can archive this feature (sending a ping) via TVs and a PlugIn (with OnDocumentFormSave).
              But it keeps giving me an error: parse error, unexpected T_INCLUDE

Any Idea about that error message? If so I may release an alpha soon.
              THX, Flo
                • 1,097 Posts
                Basically the parser’s hitting an include when it expected something else.
                9 times out of ten an "unexpected T_WHATEVER" means a missing ; or similar in the previous line.
                  No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                  MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                  Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                  Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                  Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                  MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                  • 74 Posts
                  Resolved!

Seems the problem related to bad inclusion.
                  I checked almost 50 methods (really!) to "include" the trackback class and finally made it.

For others facing that problem:
                  If you write a plugin and try to include a file, do it this way:
                  include $this->config["base_path"]."path/to/file/include_me.php";

Nothing else seems to work fine (beside from writing the whole code of the inclusion file down smiley )

By the way: TrackBack is working very well.
                    • 74 Posts
                    Beta 0.5 available. See first post for download.
                      • 49 Posts
                      Hello!

As far as I get if I want to receive trackbacks I have to create ’/trackback’ page under every post that will accept trackbacks. Or can I have only one trackback-receiver page for all documents? If it is possible then how can I pass the commented document id to the single trackback page?

And how can the trackbacks flow be mixed up with Jot comments in a sort by date?